How much do human resources managers earn in Nigeria?
We often publish content relating to finances on The Cool Magazine in order to help people make their decisions more clearly. The “Money Talk” cooler is a section dedicated to money. You can see all our archive here.
Human resources department of any organization is usually one that is filled with so many responsibilities. If you think we are lying, then it is your own cup of tea.
When most people hear “human resources manager” what often comes to mind is hiring and sacking people anyhow. Many people also think of people who give incredibly stupid interview questions to applicants.
However, the job of a human resources manager is way more than that. It is an advanced role in any establishment and must be taken seriously, especially if you are a job seeker. Unless you hate yourself.
A quick story
Imagine going for an interview very early in the morning. Then someone stains you just as you were about to board a bus. You then embarrass that person and their entire family on the road.
After fifteen minutes of regrets and cursing, you finally get to your destination only to find out that the the person you insulted is Human resources manager of that company you want to apply at.
Don’t worry sha
We all know these Human resources people can be very annoying most times. They will be carrying shoulder like say it is only them that can sack somebody. Nonsense!
But is that their only job? NO! The Human Resources manager is capable of just sacking and hiring. As the name implies, the human resources manager is in charge of all human resources in the company.
They are responsible for updating of employees or personnel data, preparation of necessary documents for the organization and carrying out all data entry requirements.
They are also in charge of the day-to-day activities of all the levels of administration in that establishment. Meaning they take care of remuneration, training and recruitment, learning and development, onboarding and recruitment and most importantly, the relationship amongst all employees.
If you want to apply for the post of a HR administrator, there are also some things you must take note of. The HR administrator must possess certain skills> So before you apply for that post make sure you can do most of these:
- A Human Resources administrator should possess good research skills.
- A Human Resources administrator should have basic computer skills.
- A Human Resources administrator should have good multi tasking abilities.
- A Human Resources administrator should have good organizational abilities.
- A Human Resources administrator should have the ability to work and beat deadlines.
- A Human Resources administrator should possess excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- A Human Resources administrator should possess the ability to work as part of a team.
- A Human Resources administrator should have at least 1 or 2 years experience in a similar field.
- A Human Resources administrator should have a degree in human resource management.
- A Human Resources administrator should have the flexibility and willingness to learn at all times.
As a Human Resources manager, you should also possess good communication skills. You must be able to communicate well with other employees and visitors in the company. That is one of the things they are paying you for, isn’t it?
How much do human resource managers earn in Nigeria
The salary of a Human resources manager in Nigeria depends on the company. However, we will be looking at an estimate amount HR managers earn monthly.
According to payday, A mid-career Human Resources (HR) Manager with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of ₦2,470,719 based on 51 salaries. An experienced Human Resources (HR) Manager with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of ₦5,500,000 based on 26 salaries.
The average salary of a human resources manager in Nigeria is between 120k – 250K monthly