The Nigerian naira is on a good run as it has recorded a significant improvement against the dollar at the parallel market.
The continuous flooding of the foreign exchange market with dollars has crashed the currency against the local currency, Naira.
The Naira firmed up at the Bureau de Change (BDCs) segment on Thursday, trading at between N376 and N378 to the United States Dollar in Lagos, Abuja and Kano.
The crash in dollar was caused by the interventions of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). A market survey revealed that the Naira, which sold at over N405 to $1 as Monday this week, recorded a boost.
There were indications that the appreciation of the Naira was as a result of policy actions of the CBN to inject more foreign exchange into the financial system, specifically targeting critical sectors in addition to special interventions in the areas of SMEs and BDCs.
According to a source at the apex Bank, the Naira is expected to appreciate further when the BDCs receive another tranche of $20,000 purchases from the CBN today, April 20, 2017.
In a bid to sustain supply of liquidity to the foreign exchange market, CBN made special interventions by simplifying the documentation process for the SMEs to enable them import eligible items and also increased both the amount and number of sales to the BDCs.
The post Naira Records Massive Improvement Against Dollar (See Latest Value) appeared first on Naijaloaded | Nigeria No. 1 Online Portal.
Cool information just coming in …
- Smart Features Return to Vizio TV Sets
- Russia-Linked Hackers Target French Election
- Uber Unveils Personal Airplane Design, Plans Tests in 2020
- OLED vs. QLED: What’s the Difference?
- How Much Did You Spend on Amazon Prime Last Year?
- AT&T’s 5G-Like Speeds Arrive in Austin
- Can YOU spot the snake hidden between the fallen leaves?
- Stop saying this one word to beat stress at work
- Heart-Kotoko to receive GHC50, 000 each for Ghana @60 celebration match
- Dissolve EOCO as soon as possible – NDC chairman
More cool information
- Eguavoen Unveiled as New Sunshine Stars’ Coach
- Infinix Mobility Unveils World’s First Wefie Smartphone ‘Infinix S2′ With Runtown in Nigeria
- Airtel Partners ZTE to Roll out 4G Service Pan Nigeria
- If not for God’s blessings, I wouldn’t have made it – Joyce Blessing
- Someone to Touch
- Nnamdi Kanu Returned To Kuje Prison Over Inability To Meet Bail Conditions Of N300Million & Jewish Leader Surety
- Nick Cannon spotted on dinner date with ex, Christina Milian
- Kojo Antwi, others join ‘galamsey’ fight with new song
- You are just ‘stupid’ – A-Plus shockingly tells Kofi Adams
- Photos: Amber Rose showing off her sexy curves in Instagram video
From a cool blog:Naijaloaded | Nigeria No. 1 Online Portal Check this cool post here