The Central Bank of Nigeria has directed Deposit Money Banks to suspend charges on over-the-counter or ATM withdrawals of above N500,000 or deposit of same amount.
The apex bank’s Director, Banking and Payments System Department, Mr. Dipo Fatokun, in a circular dated April 20, 2017, said all the charges introduced in February, and meant to take effect from April 1, 2017, have been dropped.
“For further clarification, the existing policy prior to the announcement of the new policy as earlier implemented in Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Abia, Anambra, Rivers states and the FCT shall remain.
“For the avoidance of doubt, the old charges to be reverted to are as follows: an individual charge on withdrawals or lodgment limit is now three per cent.
“Corporate accounts will be charged five per cent for withdrawal or lodgment of over N3m cash. “Henceforth, nothing will be charged as processing fees for lodgments,” he said.
Fatokun directed banks to make all necessary refunds to customers with immediate effect.
The post Cashless Policy: CBN Suspends Charges On Large Withdrawals appeared first on Naijaloaded | Nigeria No. 1 Online Portal.
Cool information just coming in …
- Smart Features Return to Vizio TV Sets
- Russia-Linked Hackers Target French Election
- Uber Unveils Personal Airplane Design, Plans Tests in 2020
- OLED vs. QLED: What’s the Difference?
- How Much Did You Spend on Amazon Prime Last Year?
- AT&T’s 5G-Like Speeds Arrive in Austin
- Can YOU spot the snake hidden between the fallen leaves?
- Stop saying this one word to beat stress at work
- Heart-Kotoko to receive GHC50, 000 each for Ghana @60 celebration match
- Dissolve EOCO as soon as possible – NDC chairman
More cool information
- Eguavoen Unveiled as New Sunshine Stars’ Coach
- Infinix Mobility Unveils World’s First Wefie Smartphone ‘Infinix S2′ With Runtown in Nigeria
- Airtel Partners ZTE to Roll out 4G Service Pan Nigeria
- If not for God’s blessings, I wouldn’t have made it – Joyce Blessing
- Someone to Touch
- Nnamdi Kanu Returned To Kuje Prison Over Inability To Meet Bail Conditions Of N300Million & Jewish Leader Surety
- Nick Cannon spotted on dinner date with ex, Christina Milian
- Kojo Antwi, others join ‘galamsey’ fight with new song
- You are just ‘stupid’ – A-Plus shockingly tells Kofi Adams
- Photos: Amber Rose showing off her sexy curves in Instagram video
From a cool blog:Naijaloaded | Nigeria No. 1 Online Portal Check this cool post here