The central message of Christianity is about having, growing, and building on a relationship with God. God is not after our empty and unfeeling compliance with Him. He seeks a meaningful and loving relationship with us. He took the first step by loving us first and pursuing us, and calls us to respond to His love in return.
How can we grow in our relationship with God? The greatest tool we have for this is through communication. We communicate to God primarily through prayer and God communicates to us primarily through His Word.
The Bible is filled with scripture, truth, and principles that will help us be grounded in a thriving relationship with God.
Here are six things that the Bible tells us about our relationship with God.
1. God Loves Us Even If We Do Not Love Him
The Bible is not just filled with rules and regulations. It is also lavished with God’s expression of His love towards us. Romans 5:8 says, “But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
2. God Wants To Give Us Purpose Through Our Relationship With Him
A relationship with God doesn’t just provide intimacy. It also commands us to live a life of purpose. Jeremiah 29:11 tells us this, “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.”
3. God Eagerly Pursues Us
Some people go through life trying to chase after God only to find that it was God pursuing them. That’s how it is with our relationship with God. Even when we run away, He is the loving Father who awaits our return. Revelation 3:20 says, “Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.”
4. Repentance Builds Our Relationship With God
Repentance is often viewed as an undesirable thing to do, but it’s the most beautiful way to grow in our relationship with God. Just as 1 John 1:9 declares, “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
5. Jesus Is The Only Way To Have A Relationship With The Father
We cannot earn God’s favour. But the wonderful news is we don’t have to. Jesus became the way for us to grow in our relationship with God. Jesus declares in John 14:6, “Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.’”
6. Being In Relationship With God Brings Fruit And Blessing
A relationship with God is not a burden but an extremely wonderful blessing. John 15:5 says, “I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.”
The post 6 Things The Bible Tells Us About Our Relationship With God. appeared first on Sunday Adelaja's Blog.
Cool information just coming in …
- Smart Features Return to Vizio TV Sets
- Russia-Linked Hackers Target French Election
- Uber Unveils Personal Airplane Design, Plans Tests in 2020
- OLED vs. QLED: What’s the Difference?
- How Much Did You Spend on Amazon Prime Last Year?
- AT&T’s 5G-Like Speeds Arrive in Austin
- Can YOU spot the snake hidden between the fallen leaves?
- Stop saying this one word to beat stress at work
- Heart-Kotoko to receive GHC50, 000 each for Ghana @60 celebration match
- Dissolve EOCO as soon as possible – NDC chairman
More cool information
- Someone to Touch
- Video – God Is My Witness That I Warned The Church In America.
- 21- Year Old Turns Down Microsoft and Google To Build New Viral App With friends.
- Ground Breaking: Africa’s First Electric Car Made and Unveiled In Ghana.
- Letter To My Husband: These Are The Vows
- How Retired NBA Player Built A $400 Million Fast Food Empire While Many Of His Mates Went Broke.
- Don’t Give Up
- The Enemy Wants Us To Believe “We” Are The Enemy
- How Fashion Entrepreneur Funded Her Idea to Make Clothes For Plus-Sized and Curvy Women.
- 4 Intelligent Ways To Maintain Steady Growth In Business
From a cool blog:Sunday Adelaja's Blog Check this cool post here